As far as other projects on my way too long list….
• catch up on my kids’ scrapbooks
• go through and clean out several closets
• tackle a huge pile of papers that need to be filed or shredded
• create a book of my daughter’s artwork from Kindergarten
• go through a large bookshelf overflowing with books
• set up a “First Grade Information” notebook to hold all of the communication, newsletters, calendars, etc. that come home from school each week
• I could keep going, but maybe I’ll start with these! :)
So, I love being organized, I even enjoy reading about it! A few books I’ve found super helpful are Coach Mom, by Brenna Stull and Simplify Your Life, by Marcia Ramsland. I found many helpful ideas in both of these. Everything from organizing your kitchen and setting up a work center (for maintaining incoming/outgoing mail, scheduling, etc.) to decluttering and storage ideas for all your kids' “stuff”! If I was only as organized as I have “learned” about being!! :) Again, a work in progress!!
Another project I recently finished was creating an art center for my kids. We had art supplies scattered all over our home and I wanted to consolidate them to one place so they would be easier to use (and easier to clean up)! I just used some sterilite plastic drawers and organized like supplies together inside a cabinet under my kitchen island. Here is a peak:
Two drawer units, large and small.
Inside drawer with smaller containers for crayons, colored pencils, markers, and watercolors.
Small plastic shoe boxes to hold play-doh and supplies.
I really like this set up! My daughter has been using the art supplies even more often than she did before, now that they are all in one spot and easier to access. Here is one of her most recent, beautiful creations:
|Created by Savannah|
Mixed media: collage materials, watercolor, and marker
What about you? Do you have a list of unfinished projects? I'd also love to hear about your ideas for getting organized or ways you've made your home run a little more smoothly!!