Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. ~ 1 Peter 4:10

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What I've been up to...

Here is a peak at what I've been up to lately. I've been feeling like I'm in a bit of a creative rut. I've had a tough time moving forward with this one; have several ideas, just can't make them come to life the way I'm seeing them in my head. That can get so frustrating!



This background was created using acrylic paint, scrap paper, a page from a book, and stamps on a canvas board.




Here I added the tree using torn pieces of magazine pages. I love the rough look it gives to the tree bark.   Before it is finished, I will go back over it in places with some paint to tie it into the background a bit more.


I'm also feeling like I need to make time to just "play"; get out my art supplies and just see what happens. I've felt drawn back to my roots lately...throughout high school and college my focus was on watercolor and I haven't done anything in that medium in a long time. I'm wanting to get those out again and see what happens! What do you do when you feel you're in a creative rut or you are just having a hard time getting motivated?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it...it is so cool to see what happens when we use that word "play". yay!!!

Jennifer Snellings said...

Hi Mystele!!

You are so right about what happens when we play...wonderful things can come about without us planning for it (it is such a cool God thing!) You have been a huge inspiration to me when it comes to just "playing" and letting your creativity flow!! :) I appreciate you!

Unknown said...

I think you should get out your watercolours and just let yourself play! Sometimes we need to walk away from a piece for a bit until we can come back with a new perspective.

Faith said...

Hi! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog, I love hearing from other artist mamas! You collage work is beautiful, I like the sense of mystery that I am getting from them. xo

Anonymous said...

I really do like those two. I'm a sucker for anything with a Fleur-de-lis in them.