Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. ~ 1 Peter 4:10

Friday, November 12, 2010

In the Studio...

Paint Brushes

“Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.” — Henry Ward Beecher

The past few months I’ve had the wonderful privilege of taking another amazing class with one of my favorite artists, Wyanne Thompson. I’ve taken several classes with Wyanne over the past few years and each time I’ve learned so much from her! She has an amazingly unique gift of teaching, guiding, encouraging and challenging her students to take their work to new horizons. In her Paint Free class she has gently guided and pushed me to explore myself more deeply as an artist and helped me to dive through the multi-layers of who I am to further develop my own unique artistic style. It has been eye-opening, challenging, healing, inspiring and so revealing! I’ve loved it!! Here are a few of the pieces I’ve created through this class.

Loosely Free
by Jennifer Snellings



Lighthouse
by Jennifer Snellings


Purple Kitty
by Jennifer Snellings

These pieces are quite different for me.  I've been working to paint very intuitively, allowing the pieces to develop organically rather than forcing things.  I have a tendency to over think my process and I'm working to "let go" and just let my heart guide me! 

I’m still working on the two final projects, but hope to share them with you soon! :)

Happy creating,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of the three you posted, my favorite is the second. I agree, it's quite a departure from your usual style, but it's still really impressive.

Lauren Holland said...

Love the colors in "Loosely Free". The lines in all three are sensational, though- the curves, swirls, circles. Everything comes together nicely. Like "Purple Kitty" a lot, too! :)

Jeanne Oliver said...

What an amazing creative journey you have been on!