Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. ~ 1 Peter 4:10

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Very Merry Christmas



We had a quiet, cozy Christmas at home this year with just our little family.  It was a sweet time, but we were all pretty tired!! :) 

It started with being up late the night before.  I had most of the Christmas gifts wrapped and ready to go, but our 7 year old was so excited about Santa, she wouldn't go to sleep.  Finally we had everything ready and crawled into bed.  We awoke a short time later, 1:30am, to an even more excited 7 year old who realized Santa had indeed visited!  She continued to wake me up in intervals throughout the night.  I'm not sure she ever went back to sleep!  We finally opened our gifts and all chaos, excitement and fun ensued! 



We then had a Christmas brunch with egg casserole and fruit salad.  The kids played while we tried to pick up the leftover "wrappings".  Later, after an afternoon nap for my youngest, we all snuggled up under a cozy blanket and watched "A Christmas Story" while munching on popcorn.  Dinner was leftovers from our Christmas Eve meal and then everyone to bed early after a wonderful day of sweet memories! 

I just love Christmas and I'm always sad to see it come and go so quickly.  I do enjoy looking forward to the new year though, and the fresh start that it always brings.  I've been thinking about my "One Word" for 2011 and I'm excited to share it soon!

I hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you all the best in the coming new year!

Happy Creating,
Jennifer

No comments: